Registration continues for the pioneering Blockchain conference that will take place this year between 14-16 November in Athens, Greece
The University of Nicosia (UNIC), the leading global provider of education and research in blockchain technology and digital currencies, invites registrations to “DECENTRALIZED 2018”. The pioneering conference, organized for the first time last year in Cyprus with tremendous success, will take place this year in Athens, between November 14 and 16, at the Divani Caravel Hotel.
This world-class summit will feature 70+ speakers (business executives, academics, and technical experts) from over 50 countries, exchanging knowledge and ideas on the innovative business and political implications of blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies. Over 20 companies from Greece and abroad will participate as exhibitors, presenting their innovative products and services to 1,000 attendees, mainly business executives, as well as academics, researchers and students.
This year’s conference will engage with the impact of blockchain technology in areas such as financial services, supply chain management, health, public administration, and education. Additionally, there will be thematic discussions on the impact on legislation and the regulatory framework (e.g. GDPR); the formulation of policies at the European level; the social and ethical dimensions of the blockchain; and other key areas. In parallel, the latest technological developments, as well as scientific papers, will be presented, dealing particularly with the convergence of the blockchain with other technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Keynote speakers at DECENTRALIZED 2018 include:
- Jameson Lopp, Infrastructure Engineer, Casa
- Roger Ver, CEO, Bitcoin.com
- Llew Claasen, Director, Bitcoin Foundation
- Peter Rizun, Chief Scientist, Bitcoin Unlimited
- Garrick Hileman, Head of Blockchain Research, Cambridge University
- Eva Kaili, MEP, European Parliament
- Susanne Tarkowski, Founder, and CEO of Bitnation
- Spiros Margaris, Fintech expert
- Antonis Polemitis, CEO, University of Nicosia
- Spyros Makridakis and George Giaglis, Directors of the Institute For the Future, University of Nicosia
- Welcome addresses by representatives of the Greek government and the business world
For more information and to sign up for DECENTRALIZED 2018, visit www.decentralized.com. Interested individuals and companies are encouraged to register the soonest, as places are limited.